If I attempted to pinpoint where it started I would have to say it was the day I realised I could sew, which in simple terms, was a very long time ago.
I feel like I’m making a step in the right direction to deal with it, as we all know the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. In this process of recovery, I set myself a project for this year. It’s less of a resolution because I’m unsure of what I’ll end up with – all I know is that I’m sure I’ll have fun doing it.
And so the goal is this: to take my enormous stash of fabrics and use them to make useful things. Turn them into pieces that may (or may not!) satisfy my daily needs. On assessment, the main need that came to mind was the need for a clutch purse – I have a few, but I wanted something a little more funky.
A few hours of painting, printing, cutting and sewing later, this was the result!
The last two pieces are the colour experiments. I adore the deep blue on the soft pink (even though I’m not a massive pink fan). Still trying to decide whether I like the green & yellow on the pink – love the colour graduation with the colours though so its definitely something to work on.
I also realised during this process, that I may end up with more clutch purses than I need (and may be slightly defeating the object behind this project), so a few of the bags are up for sale! If you do like the look of any of the above you can find them on my Etsy store: